- Oh god, it’s time for the dance. Brace yourself for whatever filler character Stacey is taking as her date. Rick Chow? Austin Bentley?
- Mary Anne has to borrow blush from Dawn because she’s apparently out of hers already. Was the container as deep as a fingernail or were you just slathering the stuff on your face like a desperate hooker? Blush should last you more than a few weeks.
- Mary Anne wears the dress from Steven E, duh. Dawn’s dress: It was made of black velvet, with a sheer bodice trimmed with beading and lace, and a flared above knee skirt. That sounds 80’s. Does it have puffy sleeves? Because I can’t picture it any other way.
- Dawn is going with Pete Black, the 8th grade class President. That’s one filler boy character down!
- Capping off their getting ready montage, Dawn admits that part of the reason she was upset with Mary Anne was because seeing her with her dad made Dawn miss her dad. I get that Dawn, but at least your dad is still alive. You don’t see Mary Anne getting pissed at you for spending time with your mom. Just think about that next time.
- Thirteen year old boys are wearing tuxes to this thing?! Are you kidding me?! What parent is going to shell out money for that? This dance also has a bunch of glittery snowflakes hanging from the ceiling, and a majestic winter scene painted by the art class. No high school dance I ever attended, minus prom, was that fancy. They just shoved the tables aside in the cafeteria.
- Stacy is wearing a “slinky” silk dress (she’s thirteen) and her date is….Kristy’s fifteen year old brother, Sam. This sounds like the start of Lifetime movie simply called: The Older Boy.
- They talk about Carolyn’s time machine and we get to find out where some of the older kids would like to go if they could time travel. Pete Black wants to go back to Superbowl III. Logan wants to go back to the first time he saw Mary Anne (barf. He’s just trying to get to second base) and Dawn wants to go back in time to see her mom and Mary Anne’s dad at one of their school dances. What is with these kids wanting to see their parents?! The eight year old piano nerd had a better answer than that, Dawn. Dammit, Dawn!
- The book ends with them realizing that girl Sabrina has the infamous Carlos as her date and they all laugh hysterically. Ah, memories.
Lauren likes to write, which is why she has this website. She also enjoys genealogy, video games, Broadway musicals, things of the 90's and singing. She lives in New York with her husband and daughter.
Latest posts by L.J. (see all)
- Text Time: Mario’s Halloween Party - October 31, 2017
- BSC Super Special #1 – Baby-sitters on Board! (Ch. 23 & 24) - October 20, 2017
- BSC Super Special #1 – Baby-sitters on Board! (Ch. 21 & 22) - October 13, 2017